As you have probably noticed, I haven’t posted in a long long time. When you just had a baby, you find that your priorities are shifting. All of a sudden I wonder why I was blogging. Did I not have anything better to do? And to great disappointment of my husband there are more things that seem pointless now. So, because I need a little bit of convincing, I went searching for a good reason to have sex. Actually, I found quite a few:
- Sex makes you smart. Sex helps you produce hormones and Oxytocin is one of them. This hormone not only gives us a pleasant and relaxed feeling, but also helps our memory and learning ability improve.
- Sex is a painkiller. (“Do you have a headache, honey? I have a remedy!”) Another hormone that is produced is Endorphin, the happiness hormone and a natural painkiller. Endorphins work against headaches, muscle aches, etc and give us a happy feeling.
- Sex is a great cardio exercise. During sexual activities our heart beats over a hundred times more per minute than normal. This means a nice rinsing of the heart and veins.
- Sex is good for your self esteem. Sex is a confirmation that your partner finds you attractive.
- Sex makes you attractive. Pheromones are released during sex and this triggers a physical reaction in others. (There are also perfumes available with pheromones to create this effect)
- Sex makes happy. It is proven that people who have sex often are happier than people who are not sexually active. But a study also proved that semen makes happy.
- Sex can help you sleep better. The exercise gives you a healthy tired feeling and hopefully a satisfied feeling as well. This helps you forget about worries for a while and fall asleep easily.
- Sex increases immunity. Having sex twice a week ensures a high dose of Immunoglobulin A, which protects you from infections and colds. (However, be moderate, because when having sex more than three times a week, the amount of immunoglobulin will drop).
- Sex makes you beautiful. Thanks to the production of Estrogen your hair and skin will look better. Sex even is a great remedy against cellulites.
- Sex is good for your relationship. I covered this topic often enough, a healthy sex life is important in a relationship.
Is this convincing enough? I guess so. So, bring on the lubricants and let’s make ourselves smart, happy, beautiful and healthy.